Can doing yoga benefit my brain?

In many ways, yoga is the perfect brain health exercise. As a physical activity, yoga supports your more vigorous aerobic workouts by building strength and stamina (not to dismiss the fact that yoga itself can be aerobic, depending on your practice). In addition, yoga helps build sustained focus, which we all need to learn and remember on a daily basis. Finally, yoga is a terrific resource for maintaining emotional balance, and can be used to reduce stress, anxiety, and depressed mood, all of which may lower our everyday memory performance.
30 Days to Total Brain Health®

30 Days to Total Brain Health®

Get ready to make the move to better brain health! In this remarkably effective, scientifically-grounded plan, Dr. Cynthia Green, a clinical psychologist and one of the country's most notable experts...

Continue Learning about Yoga

Finding the Right Yoga for You
Finding the Right Yoga for You
Whether your goal is to find a little inner peace, develop one of those highly sought-after "yoga butts" or simply get more flexible, there's a perfec...
How can I prepare for yoga if I want it to help a certain health condition?
If you're thinking of trying yoga to help with a certain health condition, consider these suggestion...
Which Yoga Is Right for You?
Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?Which Yoga Is Right for You?
A guide to common styles, including Ashtanga, Bikram, Iyengar and Vinyasa.
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?