Can doing yoga benefit my brain?

In many ways, yoga is the perfect brain health exercise. As a physical activity, yoga supports your more vigorous aerobic workouts by building strength and stamina (not to dismiss the fact that yoga itself can be aerobic, depending on your practice). In addition, yoga helps build sustained focus, which we all need to learn and remember on a daily basis. Finally, yoga is a terrific resource for maintaining emotional balance, and can be used to reduce stress, anxiety, and depressed mood, all of which may lower our everyday memory performance.
30 Days to Total Brain Health®

30 Days to Total Brain Health®

Get ready to make the move to better brain health! In this remarkably effective, scientifically-grounded plan, Dr. Cynthia Green, a clinical psychologist and one of the country's most notable experts...

Continue Learning about Yoga

How Yoga Can Help Injuries—Especially Low Back Pain
Injuries can have a big impact on our daily routines and our sense of well-being. They can contribute to the stress we may already be feeling by makin...
What is yoga?
Yoga is a physical and mental practice that involves the body, mind and spirit. The practice, which ...
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?