Why is it difficult to diagnose a candida yeast infection?

Eva B. Cwynar, MD
It is sometimes difficult to diagnose a candida yeast infection. While vaginal yeast infections are fairly easy to spot, overgrowth within the gastrointestinal tract is often unrecognized. It doesn't always present itself as bloat or diarrhea. When a patient comes in with symptoms such as fatigue and brain fog, the doctor doesn't immediately think of candida. But there are tests that your doctor can perform to measure the amount of candida in your system and detect elevated levels in your intestinal tract.
The Fatigue Solution: Increase Your Energy in Eight Easy Steps

Every day, all over the world, millions of women are grappling with many of the same mind and body issues: low sex drive, weight gain, sexual dissatisfaction, chronic stress, anxiety,...

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
What are the main causes of yeast overgrowth in the body?
Amy E. Myers, MDAmy E. Myers, MD
The main causes of yeast overgrowth in the gut include taking certain antibiotics and medications, a...
Can yeast infections cause a skin rash?
There are several types of yeast infections. Two of the most common are vaginal yeast infections and...
How Do I Know If I Have Yeast/Fungal Overgrowth?