What is a chronic yeast infection?

A yeast infection happens when a fungus, known as Candida, infects the vagina. It causes severe itching and a whitish discharge. It is a common condition and many women will have more than two infections in the duration of their life. It is considered a chronic condition when it repeatedly comes back more than four times a year.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
What are the symptoms of a yeast infection in a breastfeeding baby or mom?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Sometimes a yeast infection can develop on the mother’s breast or in the baby’s mouth. Some yeast ...
How does sugar consumption relate to yeast overgrowth?
Elizabeth Boham, MD, MS, RDElizabeth Boham, MD, MS, RD
Sugary foods that are high in refined and simple carbohydrates can feed the yeast in the body and ca...
How Do I Know If I Have Yeast/Fungal Overgrowth?