What are the treatment options for candidiasis?

Candidiasis infection of the skin is usually treated with topical antifungal creams. For mild cases of candidiasis in the mouth, called thrush, treatment may consist of acidophilus supplements or rinsing the mouth with diluted 3% hydrogen peroxide solution. Vaginal candidiasis is usually treated with antifungal creams or suppositories. Oral antifungal drugs are used to treat recurring and severe candidiasis.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How does a yeast infection affect onycholysis?
A yeast infection can both cause and aggravate a case of onycholysis. When the yeast infection cause...
How do I treat my baby's yeast infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Your baby's yeast infection can be treated as follows:To treat thrush in the baby’s mouth, the doc...
How Do I Treat Yeast Overgrowth in the Intestines?