What are the treatment options for candidiasis?

Candidiasis infection of the skin is usually treated with topical antifungal creams. For mild cases of candidiasis in the mouth, called thrush, treatment may consist of acidophilus supplements or rinsing the mouth with diluted 3% hydrogen peroxide solution. Vaginal candidiasis is usually treated with antifungal creams or suppositories. Oral antifungal drugs are used to treat recurring and severe candidiasis.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
When should I call my doctor if I have vaginal yeast infections?
Most women have at least one vaginal yeast infection at some point in their life. This very common c...
What are the main causes of yeast overgrowth in the body?
Amy E. Myers, MDAmy E. Myers, MD
The main causes of yeast overgrowth in the gut include taking certain antibiotics and medications, a...
How Does Sugar Consumption Relate to Yeast Overgrowth?