How do I treat yeast overgrowth in the intestines?

Amy E. Myers, MD
Family Medicine
Yeast overgrowth is treated by changing your diet, taking herbal supplements, and also with prescription medications. In this video, functional medicine specialist Amy Myers, MD, discusses the most effective treatment options for yeast overgrowth.
Elizabeth Boham, MD, MS, RD

To treat yeast overgrowth in the intestines, the focus should be on diet and cutting out any foods that have added sugar. Watch functional medicine expert Elizabeth Boham, MD, describe the foods you should avoid, and the foods you should be eating.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
Should I talk to my doctor about my chronic yeast infection?
You should definitely talk to your doctor about your chronic yeast infection. If you are having recu...
How do I treat my baby's yeast infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Your baby's yeast infection can be treated as follows:To treat thrush in the baby’s mouth, the doc...
What Are the Main Causes of Yeast Overgrowth in the Body?