What are the symptoms of a chronic yeast infection?

Symptoms of a yeast infection are pain, swelling, redness, and soreness in the vagina and surrounding area. Severe itching and burning may also be present, particularly while urinating or having sexual intercourse. Most noticeable is often the white discharge that may sometimes be thick and have a lumpy consistency. There is usually no odor to this discharge. Yeast infections that return more than four times a year are considered chronic.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
Does a chronic yeast infection affect children differently than adults?
When a child gets a yeast infection it is usually in the form of a diaper rash. The symptoms are sim...
Can candidiasis be prevented?
Preventing candidiasis means taking care of your general health and cleanliness. Change out of wet s...
How Do I Know If I Have Yeast/Fungal Overgrowth?