What are the symptoms of a chronic yeast infection?

Symptoms of a yeast infection are pain, swelling, redness, and soreness in the vagina and surrounding area. Severe itching and burning may also be present, particularly while urinating or having sexual intercourse. Most noticeable is often the white discharge that may sometimes be thick and have a lumpy consistency. There is usually no odor to this discharge. Yeast infections that return more than four times a year are considered chronic.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How do I treat my baby's yeast infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Your baby's yeast infection can be treated as follows:To treat thrush in the baby’s mouth, the doc...
Should I talk to my doctor about my chronic yeast infection?
You should definitely talk to your doctor about your chronic yeast infection. If you are having recu...
What Are the Main Causes of Yeast Overgrowth in the Body?