What are the signs of a vaginal yeast infection (vulvovaginal candidiasis)?

The most common symptom of a yeast infection is extreme itchiness in and around the vagina.

Other symptoms include:
  • Burning, redness, and swelling of the vagina and the vulva, pain when passing urine, pain during sex, soreness, a thick, white vaginal discharge that looks like cottage cheese and does not have a bad smell, and a rash on the vagina.
  • You may only have a few of these symptoms. They may be mild or severe.
This answer is based on source information from the National Women's Health Information Center.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How do I treat my baby's yeast infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Your baby's yeast infection can be treated as follows:To treat thrush in the baby’s mouth, the doc...
How can I manage a yeast infection when breastfeeding?
You can deal with a yeast infection while breastfeeding by taking the following steps: Rinse your ...
How Do I Know If I Have Yeast/Fungal Overgrowth?