Yeast Infections

What are natural treatments for yeast infections?

• A , OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology), answered
    Candida is another word for yeast.  There are many natural treatments for candida.  I tell my patients who have recurrent vaginal yeast infections that they should decrease their carbohydrate intake as well as stop eating any type of simple sugars ( sodas and candy).  Yeast grows by sugar, and  by decreasing carbs and sugar, this will help decrease the chance of yeast to grow.  Other natural treatments are the daily use of acidophilus.  Acidophilus is a probiotic that will help increase the natural bacterial flora in the vagina, and the more good bacteria that you have in your system, and in your vagina, will help deter yeast from overgrowing.
  • A , Naturopathic Medicine, answered
    Dr. Pina LoGiudice - What are natural treatments for yeast infections?

Watch as Naturopathic Doctor and Licensed Acupuncturist Dr. Pina LoGiudice discusses some natural treatments for yeast infections.

Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
What can I do to treat yeast infections?