What are natural treatments for yeast infections?

Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Watch as Naturopathic Doctor and Licensed Acupuncturist Dr. Pina LoGiudice discusses some natural treatments for yeast infections.

Kevin W. Windom, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Candida is another word for yeast.  There are many natural treatments for candida.  I tell my patients who have recurrent vaginal yeast infections that they should decrease their carbohydrate intake as well as stop eating any type of simple sugars ( sodas and candy).  Yeast grows by sugar, and  by decreasing carbs and sugar, this will help decrease the chance of yeast to grow.  Other natural treatments are the daily use of acidophilus.  Acidophilus is a probiotic that will help increase the natural bacterial flora in the vagina, and the more good bacteria that you have in your system, and in your vagina, will help deter yeast from overgrowing.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How does sugar consumption relate to yeast overgrowth?
Elizabeth Boham, MD, MS, RDElizabeth Boham, MD, MS, RD
Sugary foods that are high in refined and simple carbohydrates can feed the yeast in the body and ca...
How are yeast infections related to vaginal infections?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Every woman has a small amount of the yeast Candida albicans in the vagina. When there is an excess ...
How Do I Treat Yeast Overgrowth in the Intestines?