Is candidiasis serious?

Candidiasis is usually treatable, but can become very serious in people with immune deficiencies. The infection can spread to the internal organs and the blood. Severe cases can lead to blindness, fevers, shock, organ failure, and even death. Timely treatment with antifungal drugs is essential to keep the infection from progressing this far.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
What are the symptoms of a yeast infection in a breastfeeding baby or mom?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Sometimes a yeast infection can develop on the mother’s breast or in the baby’s mouth. Some yeast ...
How are yeast infections related to vaginal infections?
Every woman has a small amount of the yeast Candida albicans in the vagina. When there is an excess ...
How Do I Treat Yeast Overgrowth in the Intestines?