Is candidiasis serious?

Candidiasis is usually treatable, but can become very serious in people with immune deficiencies. The infection can spread to the internal organs and the blood. Severe cases can lead to blindness, fevers, shock, organ failure, and even death. Timely treatment with antifungal drugs is essential to keep the infection from progressing this far.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
Can yeast infections cause a skin rash?
There are several types of yeast infections. Two of the most common are vaginal yeast infections and...
When should I call my doctor if I have vaginal yeast infections?
Most women have at least one vaginal yeast infection at some point in their life. This very common c...
How Do I Treat Yeast Overgrowth in the Intestines?