Is candidiasis responsible for mouth sores?

White sores or lesions in the mouth or on the tongue are usually a sign of candidiasis infection in the mouth, also called thrush. The infection is caused by an overgrowth of candida, a yeast which occurs naturally in our bodies. This condition is common in infants and often resolves itself. If the sores last more than two weeks, see your pediatrician. Once the infection is healed, sterilize or throw away pacifiers and bottle nipples to prevent the infection from recurring.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How do I treat my baby's yeast infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Your baby's yeast infection can be treated as follows:To treat thrush in the baby’s mouth, the doc...
When should I call my doctor if I have vaginal yeast infections?
Most women have at least one vaginal yeast infection at some point in their life. This very common c...
How Do I Treat Yeast Overgrowth in the Intestines?