How do other illnesses affect chronic yeast infections?

If a person has HIV or another condition that compromises their immune system, they will be more likely to be afflicted with a chronic yeast infection. When taking antibiotics for another illness, much of the bacteria that fights yeast will be killed and the Candida will use that opportunity to grow and flourish. Uncontrolled diabetes can allow the fungus to take over as well.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How do I treat my baby's yeast infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Your baby's yeast infection can be treated as follows:To treat thrush in the baby’s mouth, the doc...
How can I tell a yeast infection from a sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
Sometimes it can be difficult to tell the difference between a yeast infection and a sexually transm...
How Does Sugar Consumption Relate to Yeast Overgrowth?