How does a yeast infection affect onycholysis?

A yeast infection can both cause and aggravate a case of onycholysis. When the yeast infection causes inflammation or swelling, the nail lifts away. The exposed skin, in turn, is at a greater risk for further infection. Usually a yeast infection can be identified by the white color it gives your nail. If your onycholysis is caused by a yeast infection, your doctor may prescribe an antifungal to cure the infection so that you can begin to treat the onycholysis.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How do I treat yeast overgrowth in the intestines?
Amy E. Myers, MDAmy E. Myers, MD
Yeast overgrowth is treated by changing your diet, taking herbal supplements, and also with prescrip...
How can I tell a yeast infection from a sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
Sometimes it can be difficult to tell the difference between a yeast infection and a sexually transm...
How Do I Treat Yeast Overgrowth in the Intestines?