How do other illnesses affect candidiasis?

Illnesses that weaken the immune system make people more susceptible to candidiasis and allow the infection to spread more easily. HIV/AIDS, diabetes, organ transplants, cancer treatments, leukemia, and illnesses that require treatment with antibiotics or corticosteroids all increase the risk of candidiasis infections. People with these illnesses need more sustained treatment of candidiasis if they become infected.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How do I treat my baby's yeast infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Your baby's yeast infection can be treated as follows:To treat thrush in the baby’s mouth, the doc...
What are the main causes of yeast overgrowth in the body?
Amy E. Myers, MDAmy E. Myers, MD
The main causes of yeast overgrowth in the gut include taking certain antibiotics and medications, a...
How Does Sugar Consumption Relate to Yeast Overgrowth?