Candidiasis causes rashes, itching, burning sensations, pain, and sometimes discharge from affected parts of the body. Moist areas of the skin and body are likeliest to be affected. These areas include the mouth, underarms, groin, vagina, or penis. The fingernail beds can also become infected. In severe cases, especially in individuals with suppressed immune systems, the infection can spread to the internal organs and the blood.
- Q What are natural treatments for Candida?
- Q Does candidiasis affect women differently than men?
- Q Is candidiasis serious?
- Q What is chronic candidiasis?
- Q Is candidiasis responsible for mouth sores?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my candidiasis symptoms?