Candidiasis causes rashes, itching, burning sensations, pain, and sometimes discharge from affected parts of the body. Moist areas of the skin and body are likeliest to be affected. These areas include the mouth, underarms, groin, vagina, or penis. The fingernail beds can also become infected. In severe cases, especially in individuals with suppressed immune systems, the infection can spread to the internal organs and the blood.
- Q What are natural treatments for Candida?
- Q What are the dietary recommendations for someone with chronic candidiasis?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my candidiasis symptoms?
- Q Is candida considered a fungal infection?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for candidiasis?
- Q How do medications treat candidiasis?