Candidiasis causes rashes, itching, burning sensations, pain, and sometimes discharge from affected parts of the body. Moist areas of the skin and body are likeliest to be affected. These areas include the mouth, underarms, groin, vagina, or penis. The fingernail beds can also become infected. In severe cases, especially in individuals with suppressed immune systems, the infection can spread to the internal organs and the blood.
- Q Does candidiasis affect women differently than men?
- Q How do other illnesses affect candidiasis?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my candidiasis symptoms?
- Q What is chronic candidiasis?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for candidiasis?
- Q How is candidiasis diagnosed?