What do I need to know about caring for a child with candidiasis?

To help heal and prevent rashes, keep the child's skin clean and dry. Allow the skin to be exposed to fresh air whenever this is practical. Change soiled or wet diapers right away, and don't use plastic diaper pants. Use antifungal cream as prescribed by your doctor. If your child has thrush (candidiasis in the mouth) the condition often goes away on its own. Sterilize bottle nipples and pacifiers, and throw them away once the condition clears up. If your child has mouth sores that last more than two weeks, see your doctor.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
Can yeast infections cause a skin rash?
There are several types of yeast infections. Two of the most common are vaginal yeast infections and...
When should I call my doctor if I have vaginal yeast infections?
Most women have at least one vaginal yeast infection at some point in their life. This very common c...
How Do I Treat Yeast Overgrowth in the Intestines?