What do I need to know about caring for a child with candidiasis?

To help heal and prevent rashes, keep the child's skin clean and dry. Allow the skin to be exposed to fresh air whenever this is practical. Change soiled or wet diapers right away, and don't use plastic diaper pants. Use antifungal cream as prescribed by your doctor. If your child has thrush (candidiasis in the mouth) the condition often goes away on its own. Sterilize bottle nipples and pacifiers, and throw them away once the condition clears up. If your child has mouth sores that last more than two weeks, see your doctor.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections