What do I need to know about caring for a child with candidiasis?

To help heal and prevent rashes, keep the child's skin clean and dry. Allow the skin to be exposed to fresh air whenever this is practical. Change soiled or wet diapers right away, and don't use plastic diaper pants. Use antifungal cream as prescribed by your doctor. If your child has thrush (candidiasis in the mouth) the condition often goes away on its own. Sterilize bottle nipples and pacifiers, and throw them away once the condition clears up. If your child has mouth sores that last more than two weeks, see your doctor.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How do I treat yeast overgrowth in the intestines?
Amy E. Myers, MDAmy E. Myers, MD
Yeast overgrowth is treated by changing your diet, taking herbal supplements, and also with prescrip...
What are the main causes of yeast overgrowth in the body?
Amy E. Myers, MDAmy E. Myers, MD
The main causes of yeast overgrowth in the gut include taking certain antibiotics and medications, a...
How Do I Treat Yeast Overgrowth in the Intestines?