Does candidiasis affect women differently than men?

Both men and women may get some kinds of candidiasis; in the mouth, for example, candidiasis is known as thrush. People being treated for cancer, obese people, and diabetics are all more likely to suffer from candidiasis regardless of sex. But pregnant women and women with elevated estrogen levels can also be more susceptible to candidiasis. Vaginal candidiasis is fairly common, with about 75 percent of women having at least one vaginal yeast infection sometime in life. Uncircumcised men are also more susceptible to candidiasis.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How are yeast infections related to vaginal infections?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Every woman has a small amount of the yeast Candida albicans in the vagina. When there is an excess ...
How do I treat my baby's yeast infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Your baby's yeast infection can be treated as follows:To treat thrush in the baby’s mouth, the doc...
How Does Sugar Consumption Relate to Yeast Overgrowth?