Is candida considered a fungal infection?

Candida, or yeast infection, is considered a fungal infection and can appear anywhere on the body. It is considered especially common among women. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that over 75 percent of women will suffer from a yeast infection throughout their life. When a yeast infection is found in a baby's mouth it is called thrush.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How do I treat yeast overgrowth in the intestines?
Amy E. Myers, MDAmy E. Myers, MD
Yeast overgrowth is treated by changing your diet, taking herbal supplements, and also with prescrip...
When should I call my doctor if I have vaginal yeast infections?
Most women have at least one vaginal yeast infection at some point in their life. This very common c...
How Does Sugar Consumption Relate to Yeast Overgrowth?