Is candida considered a fungal infection?

Candida, or yeast infection, is considered a fungal infection and can appear anywhere on the body. It is considered especially common among women. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that over 75 percent of women will suffer from a yeast infection throughout their life. When a yeast infection is found in a baby's mouth it is called thrush.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
What are the symptoms of a yeast infection in a breastfeeding baby or mom?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Sometimes a yeast infection can develop on the mother’s breast or in the baby’s mouth. Some yeast ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my chronic yeast infection?
You should definitely talk to your doctor about your chronic yeast infection. If you are having recu...
How Does Sugar Consumption Relate to Yeast Overgrowth?