Is candida considered a fungal infection?

Candida, or yeast infection, is considered a fungal infection and can appear anywhere on the body. It is considered especially common among women. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that over 75 percent of women will suffer from a yeast infection throughout their life. When a yeast infection is found in a baby's mouth it is called thrush.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How does sugar consumption relate to yeast overgrowth?
Elizabeth Boham, MD, MS, RDElizabeth Boham, MD, MS, RD
Sugary foods that are high in refined and simple carbohydrates can feed the yeast in the body and ca...
How are yeast infections related to vaginal infections?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Every woman has a small amount of the yeast Candida albicans in the vagina. When there is an excess ...
How Do I Treat Yeast Overgrowth in the Intestines?