Can yeast infections cause a skin rash?

There are several types of yeast infections. Two of the most common are vaginal yeast infections and skin yeast infections. Yeast infections of the skin can cause rashes often referred to as intertrigo. This sort of rash is often located in areas that retain moisture, such as the skin folds under the arm on the abdomen or in the groin area.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
What are the symptoms of a yeast infection in a breastfeeding baby or mom?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Sometimes a yeast infection can develop on the mother’s breast or in the baby’s mouth. Some yeast ...
How do I treat my baby's yeast infection?
Your baby's yeast infection can be treated as follows:To treat thrush in the baby’s mouth, the doc...
What Are the Main Causes of Yeast Overgrowth in the Body?