Should I talk to my doctor about my candidiasis symptoms?

You should see a doctor especially if

• Your child has mouth sores that last more than two weeks.
  • You have mouth sores or difficulty swallowing.
  • You are HIV positive.
  • You are in treatment for cancer.
  • Your immune system is suppressed.
  • You have other unexplained symptoms.
  • Non-prescription treatments for vaginal yeast infection are not working.

Untreated candidiasis can infect your internal organs, so it's important to have a doctor diagnose the cause of the infection and treat it appropriately.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
How can I tell a yeast infection from a sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
Sometimes it can be difficult to tell the difference between a yeast infection and a sexually transm...
How does a yeast infection affect onycholysis?
A yeast infection can both cause and aggravate a case of onycholysis. When the yeast infection cause...
How Does Sugar Consumption Relate to Yeast Overgrowth?