Should I talk to my doctor about my candidiasis symptoms?

You should see a doctor especially if

  • Your child has mouth sores that last more than two weeks.
  • You have mouth sores or difficulty swallowing.
  • You are HIV positive.
  • You are in treatment for cancer.
  • Your immune system is suppressed.
  • You have other unexplained symptoms.
  • Non-prescription treatments for vaginal yeast infection are not working.

Untreated candidiasis can infect your internal organs, so it's important to have a doctor diagnose the cause of the infection and treat it appropriately.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
Read More
What are the symptoms of a yeast infection in a breastfeeding baby or mom?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Sometimes a yeast infection can develop on the mother’s breast or in the baby’s mouth. Some yeast ...
More Answers
How are yeast infections related to vaginal infections?
Diana MeeksDiana Meeks
Every woman has a small amount of the yeast Candida albicans in the vagina. When there is an excess ...
More Answers
What Are the Main Causes of Yeast Overgrowth in the Body?
What Are the Main Causes of Yeast Overgrowth in the Body?

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.