Are there alternative treatments for candidiasis?

Some alternative treatments may help people with candidiasis. Home remedies for vaginal yeast infections include lactobacillus capsules taken orally or used as a suppository, garlic suppositories, vinegar douches, and tea tree oil creams. More scientific studies need to be done to find out just how safe and effective these treatments are. For candidiasis skin infections, keeping the skin clean, dry, and open to fresh air can be helpful.

Continue Learning about Yeast Infections

Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch
Some itches are just too embarrassing to scratch. But if you've ever been, or currently are, bothered by an irritating itch "down there," you know how...
Does a chronic yeast infection affect children differently than adults?
When a child gets a yeast infection it is usually in the form of a diaper rash. The symptoms are sim...
When should I call my doctor if I have vaginal yeast infections?
Most women have at least one vaginal yeast infection at some point in their life. This very common c...
What Are the Main Causes of Yeast Overgrowth in the Body?