Why did my physician request a resting radionuclide angiogram (RNA)?

A resting radionuclide angiogram (RNA) is a type of nuclear medicine procedure that evaluates the heart's chambers in motion. Reasons for your physician to request a resting radionuclide angiogram (RNA) include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • chest pain
  • shortness of breath
  • dizziness
  • fatigue
If a screening examination (such as an electrocardiogram or ECG) suggests a possibility of some type of heart disease process that needs to be explored further, a resting RNA may be performed.

There may be other reasons for your physician to recommend a resting RNA procedure.

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

Could I be allergic to X-ray dye?
SCAISCAI
Some procedures for diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease use contrast dye. Angiograms a...
Does radiation pass through the walls of radiology rooms?
Society of Interventional RadiologySociety of Interventional Radiology
The radiation emitted in medical procedures has a limited range and duration of effect, and the exte...
How long does an x-ray take?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Plain film radiography (x-ray) is safe, noninvasive, and quickly performed. The average exam tak...
What is an extremity X-ray?
An extremity x-ray is a picture of the internal structures in one of your extremities -- your hand, ...