Why might my baby need an X-ray in the NICU?

An x-ray is the most common type of imaging scan. An x-ray can show the condition of the lungs and other organs and check the positions of any tubes or catheters inside your NICU baby’s body.

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

What is an x-ray?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
X-rays use invisible electromagnetic energy beams to produce images of internal tissues, bones, ...
What should I ask my doctor about angiograms?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having an angiogram. Print out or ...
When do I need a chest x-ray?
Chest x-rays may be used to assess heart status (either directly or indirectly) by looking at the he...
Who performs the chest x-ray test?
A chest x-ray is performed by a radiologic technologist, a medical professional who is also sometime...