Why might I undergo an angiogram if I have a head or neck tumor?

If you have a head or neck tumor, your doctor may perform an angiogram to identify the blood vessels that feed your tumor. He or she can then access those blood vessels by catheter and close them off. This allows for a safer surgical excision of the tumor by minimizing the blood loss that may otherwise occur.

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

What is a spine x-ray?
Spine x-rays are pictures of the bones of the spine that are used to diagnose diseases or to view th...
Are x-rays used to diagnose osteoarthritis?
Absolutely. Especially if you want to make your doc or healthcare system richer. When you tell your ...
What are the side effects of iodine x-ray contrast agents?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
A major improvement to the diagnostic accuracy of radiography has been the addition of contrast agen...
Does radiation pass through the walls of radiology rooms?
Society of Interventional RadiologySociety of Interventional Radiology
The radiation emitted in medical procedures has a limited range and duration of effect, and the exte...