Why might I undergo an angiogram if I have a head or neck tumor?

If you have a head or neck tumor, your doctor may perform an angiogram to identify the blood vessels that feed your tumor. He or she can then access those blood vessels by catheter and close them off. This allows for a safer surgical excision of the tumor by minimizing the blood loss that may otherwise occur.

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

What is computed tomographic colonography?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Computed tomographic (CT) colonography (virtual colonoscopy) is a procedure that uses CT images to p...
What is an angiogram?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
A diagnostic cardiac catheterization test, also called an angiogram, is performed when it is thought...
What can I expect during a barium enema x-ray?
At the time of a barium enema examination (an x-ray procedure to examine the lower gastrointesti...
When do I need a chest x-ray?
Chest x-rays may be used to assess heart status (either directly or indirectly) by looking at the he...