What should I do after a venogram?

Normal activities and diet can be resumed after the venogram procedure as directed by your physician.

Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration and to help pass the contrast dye.

Notify your physician to report any of the following:
  • fever or chills
  • increased pain, redness, swelling, or bleeding or other drainage from the injection site
Your physician may give you additional or alternate instructions after the procedure, depending on your particular situation.

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

When is a hip x-ray necessary?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
X-rays are usually taken after traumatic blows to the hip. Falling on the hip, or even falling h...
What is a spine x-ray?
Spine x-rays are pictures of the bones of the spine that are used to diagnose diseases or to view th...
When do I need a chest x-ray?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Chest x-rays may be used to assess heart status (either directly or indirectly) by looking at the he...
Are x-rays used to diagnose osteoarthritis?
Absolutely. Especially if you want to make your doc or healthcare system richer. When you tell your ...