What questions should I ask my doctor about a radionuclide angiogram?

The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having a radionuclide angiogram. Print out or write down these questions and take them with you to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your physician’s response when you get home.
  • What symptoms or test results indicated that a radionuclide angiogram might be beneficial?
  • What information can a radionuclide angiogram give us about my heart health?
  • Will my radionuclide angiogram be an “exercise” test or a “resting” test?
  • Do I need to have an empty stomach before the procedure? Should I withhold any of my medications? Are there any medications that I will need to take?
  • How much radiation will I be exposed to during the test?
  • What happens next if the scan shows that my heart is not pumping as much blood out of the lower chambers as it should?

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

What is computed tomographic colonography?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Computed tomographic (CT) colonography (virtual colonoscopy) is a procedure that uses CT images to p...
What is the difference between radial and femoral angiography?
Dr. John C. Lipman, MDDr. John C. Lipman, MD
Angiography is the study of arteries and/or veins. Femoral and radial angiography refer to the point...
What happens during a chest x-ray?
A chest x-ray is a radiology exam which takes an x-ray picture of the contents of your chest. It sho...
Does radiation pass through the walls of radiology rooms?
Society of Interventional RadiologySociety of Interventional Radiology
The radiation emitted in medical procedures has a limited range and duration of effect, and the exte...