What questions should I ask my doctor about a radionuclide angiogram?

The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having a radionuclide angiogram. Print out or write down these questions and take them with you to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your physician’s response when you get home.
  • What symptoms or test results indicated that a radionuclide angiogram might be beneficial?
  • What information can a radionuclide angiogram give us about my heart health?
  • Will my radionuclide angiogram be an “exercise” test or a “resting” test?
  • Do I need to have an empty stomach before the procedure? Should I withhold any of my medications? Are there any medications that I will need to take?
  • How much radiation will I be exposed to during the test?
  • What happens next if the scan shows that my heart is not pumping as much blood out of the lower chambers as it should?

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

How do X-rays affect the body during interventional radiology procedures?
Society of Interventional RadiologySociety of Interventional Radiology
X-ray radiation is occurring all the time as a part of the natural background radiation in our envir...
Could I be allergic to X-ray dye?
SCAISCAI
Some procedures for diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease use contrast dye. Angiograms a...
What should I ask my doctor about angiograms?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having an angiogram. Print out or ...
What is computed tomographic colonography?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Computed tomographic (CT) colonography (virtual colonoscopy) is a procedure that uses CT images to p...