What questions should I ask my doctor about a radionuclide angiogram?

The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having a radionuclide angiogram. Print out or write down these questions and take them with you to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your physician’s response when you get home.
  • What symptoms or test results indicated that a radionuclide angiogram might be beneficial?
  • What information can a radionuclide angiogram give us about my heart health?
  • Will my radionuclide angiogram be an “exercise” test or a “resting” test?
  • Do I need to have an empty stomach before the procedure? Should I withhold any of my medications? Are there any medications that I will need to take?
  • How much radiation will I be exposed to during the test?
  • What happens next if the scan shows that my heart is not pumping as much blood out of the lower chambers as it should?

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

What is an extremity X-ray?
An extremity x-ray is a picture of the internal structures in one of your extremities -- your hand, ...
What is an abdominal x-ray?
An abdominal x-ray is an x-ray of the organs inside the abdomen. An x-ray is a type of radiation tha...
How long does an x-ray take?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Plain film radiography (x-ray) is safe, noninvasive, and quickly performed. The average exam tak...
What is an angiogram?
Dr. John C. Lipman, MDDr. John C. Lipman, MD
An angiogram is an x-ray study of the arteries or veins in a specific area of the body that the inte...