What joint problems can an arthrogram x-ray detect?

Arthrography may be useful in diagnosing a number of conditions including rotator cuff tear, abnormalities in the cartilage of a joint, and adhesive cartilitis (frozen joint). Unlike a plain radiograph (x-ray), an arthrogram demonstrates the interior anatomy of the joint.

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

What is a facial X-ray?
A facial x-ray is a series of pictures of the bones in the face. X-rays are a type of electromagneti...
What should I ask my doctor about angiograms?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having an angiogram. Print out or ...
What is computed tomographic colonography?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Computed tomographic (CT) colonography (virtual colonoscopy) is a procedure that uses CT images to p...
Does radiation pass through the walls of radiology rooms?
Society of Interventional RadiologySociety of Interventional Radiology
The radiation emitted in medical procedures has a limited range and duration of effect, and the exte...