What is an abdominal x-ray?

An abdominal x-ray is an x-ray of the organs inside the abdomen. An x-ray is a type of radiation that can pass through the body and onto film, making pictures of areas inside the body. X-rays may be used to help diagnose disease.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute, U.S. National Institutes of Health.

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

Do I need x-rays or other images taken for phantom limb pain?
In general, diagnosis is made based on a person's report of their symptoms and history, and sometime...
What should I ask my doctor about angiograms?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having an angiogram. Print out or ...
What is a facial X-ray?
A facial x-ray is a series of pictures of the bones in the face. X-rays are a type of electromagneti...
Who performs the chest x-ray test?
A chest x-ray is performed by a radiologic technologist, a medical professional who is also sometime...