What happens after a venogram?

Following the venogram procedure, your vital signs (heart rate, breathing rate, and blood pressure) will be monitored frequently and then at intervals determined by your physician. The peripheral pulses in your feet, as well as the temperature, color, and sensation in your legs will be checked. The injection site will also be monitored for redness, warmth, swelling, and tenderness.

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

How can x-ray help diagnose a spinal cord injury?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
X-rays are used primarily to assess bone integrity, not to diagnose a spinal cord injury. They can o...
When do I need a chest x-ray?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Chest x-rays may be used to assess heart status (either directly or indirectly) by looking at the he...
What should I ask my doctor about angiograms?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having an angiogram. Print out or ...
What is an abdominal x-ray?
An abdominal x-ray is an x-ray of the organs inside the abdomen. An x-ray is a type of radiation tha...