Is a radionuclide angiogram safe?

The radioactive chemicals used in typical doses for a radionuclide angiogram are considered to be very safe. The chemicals leave the body quickly in the urine. However, as with x-rays and other types of radiation, gamma rays may affect an unborn child. Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or may be pregnant.

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

What can I expect during a barium enema x-ray?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
At the time of a barium enema examination (an x-ray procedure to examine the lower gastrointesti...
Could I be allergic to X-ray dye?
SCAISCAI
Some procedures for diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease use contrast dye. Angiograms a...
Why might my baby need an X-ray in the NICU?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
An x-ray is the most common type of imaging scan. An x-ray can show the condition of the lungs a...
How long does an x-ray take?
Plain film radiography (x-ray) is safe, noninvasive, and quickly performed. The average exam tak...