Is a radionuclide angiogram safe?

The radioactive chemicals used in typical doses for a radionuclide angiogram are considered to be very safe. The chemicals leave the body quickly in the urine. However, as with x-rays and other types of radiation, gamma rays may affect an unborn child. Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or may be pregnant.

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

What should I ask my doctor about angiograms?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having an angiogram. Print out or ...
How much radiation am I exposed to with an x-ray?
John Randolph Medical Center - HCA VirginiaJohn Randolph Medical Center - HCA Virginia
A chest x-ray exposes you to the equivalent of 10 days of background radiation.
What can I expect during a barium enema x-ray?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
At the time of a barium enema examination (an x-ray procedure to examine the lower gastrointesti...
Who performs the chest x-ray test?
A chest x-ray is performed by a radiologic technologist, a medical professional who is also sometime...