Does radiation pass through the walls of radiology rooms?

The radiation emitted in medical procedures has a limited range and duration of effect, and the extent of exposure depends largely on the procedure and the individual being treated. Structurally, radiology rooms are designed with architectural shielding and equipment-mounted shields so radiation is isolated to the radiology suite. There are also rolling and stationary shields used in these spaces.

Continue Learning about X-Ray Imaging

How can x-ray help diagnose a spinal cord injury?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
X-rays are used primarily to assess bone integrity, not to diagnose a spinal cord injury. They can o...
How does an x-ray work?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Plain film radiography unifies principles of photography, anatomy, and x-ray production. X-rays ...
Who performs the chest x-ray test?
A chest x-ray is performed by a radiologic technologist, a medical professional who is also sometime...
What should I ask my doctor about angiograms?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having an angiogram. Print out or ...