What are some alternatives to Botox for wrinkles?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

Dysport and Xeomin are two alternatives to Botox. In this video, Ellen Marmur, MD, a dermatologist at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, explains how these two treatments can be used.

Wrinkles are often the first sign of aging after 35, a warning for all to see that your skin isn’t as tight and taut as it used to be. Avoid the cost and potential risks of Botox by using skin products available at any drugstore.

Look for creams containing siloxane and peptides on the label. Like Botox, they take a dual-action approach. Siloxane reduces the appearance of wrinkles instantly, while peptides boost collagen to fill in wrinkles. The best news? It’s available for under $30.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Wrinkle Treatments

What are risks of laser peels for the face?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Many complications can occur with lasers. In the early days of the laser, corneal injuries and e...
What are examples of laser peels for wrinkles?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
The carbon dioxide laser became popular in 1994 as a high-tech method of wrinkle reduction. Comp...
What Are the Treatment Options for Wrinkles?
If I Stop Botox or Dysport, Will the Lines Get Worse?