The Unique Female Body
Women's bodies are complex machines. Cycling hormones bring monthly annoyances, such as PMS, breast lumps and moodiness. Add to that birth control (for when you don’t want to get pregnant) plus possible fertility issues (for when you do) and menopause, and you've got a lot going on "down there." Start here for help.What's up down there? Test your smarts
Is it Time
Find One Near You
AskMDCheck your symptoms with our free consultation
The number of U.S. women diagnosed with cervical cancer each year
Women’s Health Q&As
Michael Douso, MD
What conditions are treated with a hysterectomy?
Hysterectomy, the surgical removal of the uterus, is one of the most common surgical procedures performed on women. It is used to treat conditions, such as tumors, uterine prolapse, endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding and chronic pelvic pain...
- Q Should I get a mammogram?
- Q How often does a healthy young woman need a check-up?
- Q What can cause bladder problems in older women?
- Q Why is serotonin important for the female brain?
- Q How will I know if I'm ready to have a child?
- Q How can I strengthen my pelvic floor muscles?
- Q Are women healthier than men?
- Q How can I treat vaginal dryness and itching?
- Q What is menopause?
- Q What are the top 5 health concerns for women?
Women's Health Action Plans
These action plans will help you look and feel great.
Women Missing from Heart Disease Research Surprising Leading Cancer Killer in Women 6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know White Women's Life Expectancy Drops Learn More: See All Women's Health Articles
Ask a Gyno
6 Down-There Symptoms You Shouldn't Ignore
Pain, discomfort and other icky, sometimes embarrassing, symptoms could be a sign of something serious.
Tips and Facts
Women vs. Men
Do you know how key health issues from heart disease to weight loss affect women differently than men? Take our quiz to find out.