The Unique Female Body
Women's bodies are complex machines. Cycling hormones bring monthly annoyances, such as PMS, breast lumps and moodiness. Add to that birth control (for when you don’t want to get pregnant) plus possible fertility issues (for when you do) and menopause, and you've got a lot going on "down there." Start here for help.What's up down there? Test your smarts
Is it Time
Find One Near You
AskMDCheck your symptoms with our free consultation
The number of U.S. women diagnosed with cervical cancer each year
Women’s Health Q&As
Kathleen Greatrex, MD
Lourdes Health System
Do I need a mammogram every year?
Sometimes mammograms are recommended every year, less frequently or not at all. Some experts are talking about. . .
- Q What is a concerning finding during a physical breast exam?
- Q What is spontaneous nipple discharge?
- Q How often should I get breast and pelvic exams?
- Q Why would a woman need an oophorectomy?
- Q Does an oophorectomy always accompany a hysterectomy?
- Q Will a woman gain weight or lose her sexual desire after a hysterectomy?
- Q What are complications from a minimally invasive hysterectomy?
- Q Does a woman still have the option to have a supracervical hysterectomy?
- Q Can I have a laparoscopic hysterectomy if I have had a C-section?
- Q Who is a candidate for laparoscopic hysterectomy?
Recent Women's Health Articles
Learn the latest in women's health with these articles.
What You Need to Know About Endometriosis Long Work Hours Harms Women’s Health Worst Case Scenario…I Left My Tampon In Too Long Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day See All Articles