How are women affected by the pressure to conceive?

No matter how excited a woman is about the prospect of being pregnant, she can experience just as many sexual roadblocks as her male partner. Sex on demand can be tricky for her -- even if she’s the one doing the demanding. For example, it’s easy for women to get in the goal-oriented, baby-making mindset, where sex is simply a means to an ends. That can mean that she may not even be in the mood when she initiates sex, but is guided instead by ovulation. Yet a lack of desire can lead to additional problems, like decreased lubrication and difficulty climaxing. It’s important to devote the same amount of attention to foreplay and arousal when trying to conceive that you normally would.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

What You Need to Know About Endometriosis
About 5 million American women are living with endometriosis. Endometriosis happens when the tissue that lines your uterus, called the endometrium, st...
Are women healthier than men?
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPHDr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
A 2007 analysis from the National Center for Health Statistics from the Centers for Disease Control ...
7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women
7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women
How Can I Manage the Pain from Endometriosis?