Why should a woman know the correct names of her genitals?

Using the right words for the external genitals matters, whether for clarity of communication with a healthcare provider or with a partner. Women tend to know less about their genitals, both because they are more hidden than a man’s and also because they’ve never been taught the right names, so it can be helpful to look at the vulva with a mirror and get to know its various parts.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

What You Need to Know About Endometriosis
About 5 million American women are living with endometriosis. Endometriosis happens when the tissue that lines your uterus, called the endometrium, st...
Why should I monitor my vaginal discharge?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Keeping track of daily discharge can help a woman learn what’s normal for her body. Pay attention to...
13 Embarrassing Vagina Questions You’re Too Afraid to Ask
13 Embarrassing Vagina Questions You’re Too Afraid to Ask13 Embarrassing Vagina Questions You’re Too Afraid to Ask13 Embarrassing Vagina Questions You’re Too Afraid to Ask13 Embarrassing Vagina Questions You’re Too Afraid to Ask
Yes, you can get pregnant on your period.
How Can Patients Minimize Their Chances of Developing Complications Following Robotic Surgery?