Why should a woman know the correct names of her genitals?

Using the right words for the external genitals matters, whether for clarity of communication with a healthcare provider or with a partner. Women tend to know less about their genitals, both because they are more hidden than a man’s and also because they’ve never been taught the right names, so it can be helpful to look at the vulva with a mirror and get to know its various parts.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Why You Can (Maybe) Skip Your Next Pap Test
Many years ago, I had a series of borderline abnormal Pap tests. Eventually, I got “just in case” treatment: A portion of my cervix was frozen to get ...
What role does testosterone play in women's sexual health?
Testosterone plays a role in women's sexual desire and satisfaction. Unlike estrogen, testosterone l...
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
Get the most out of your next OBGYN appointment with these expert tips.
What Is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)?