Why can't I get pregnant when I'm having my period?

Margaret L. McKenzie, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

There are reasons why you can't become pregnant during your period. Watch this video to learn about other reasons you may be having bleeding.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

The Spreadable Treat That May Cut Breast Cancer Risk
Think PB&J is just a boring lunchbox staple? Here’s something exciting: It may actually help stave off breast cancer. One study found that eating pea...
If I have breast implants, what type of mammogram will I need?
St. Mary Medical CenterSt. Mary Medical Center
If you have breast implants, your initial mammogram will be the classic images, where technicians us...
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
Get the most out of your next OBGYN appointment with these expert tips.
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?