When is the best time of month to have a mammogram in relation to period?

The week after your menstrual period is over is the best time to have a mammogram because it won’t be as uncomfortable. That’s also when the breast tissue is easiest to work with.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

7 Foods Every Woman Must Eat
7 Foods Every Woman Must Eat
Here's good-food news: The more you munch on healthy eats, the less you need to worry about Friday night's fat burger and fries. Who says? Harvard. It...
How are women affected by the pressure to conceive?
Good In BedGood In Bed
No matter how excited a woman is about the prospect of being pregnant, she can experience just as ma...
The Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than Men
The Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than MenThe Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than MenThe Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than MenThe Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than Men
The unique ways women are affected by STIs, plus tips on prevention.
How Soon After Giving Birth Can I Have Sex?