What is androblastoma?

Androblastoma is a rare type of ovarian tumor in which the tumor cells secrete a male sex hormone. This may cause virilization (the appearance of male physical characteristics in females). Also called arrhenoblastoma and Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor of the ovary.

This answer is based upon source information from the National Women's Health Information Center.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Busy Woman's Guide: How to Wear High Heels Pain-free
The higher the heel, the closer to God, I say. My husband (an orthopedic surgeon), on the other hand, says the solution to high heel pain is to not we...
How often should older women have mammograms?
Dr. Suzanne B. Gilberg-Lenz, MDDr. Suzanne B. Gilberg-Lenz, MD
Routine mammograms are vital to the early detection of breast cancer. While the American Cancer Soci...
6 Surprising Facts About Your Breasts
6 Surprising Facts About Your Breasts6 Surprising Facts About Your Breasts6 Surprising Facts About Your Breasts6 Surprising Facts About Your Breasts
Your breasts are pretty remarkable—you may not know everything they can do.
Can a Proper Diet Help in Dealing with Hot Flashes?