What is androblastoma?

Androblastoma is a rare type of ovarian tumor in which the tumor cells secrete a male sex hormone. This may cause virilization (the appearance of male physical characteristics in females). Also called arrhenoblastoma and Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor of the ovary.

This answer is based upon source information from the National Women's Health Information Center.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

When Should I Start Getting Mammograms?
When Should I Start Getting Mammograms?
In 2019 alone, the American Cancer Society estimates that more than 300,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer, and almost 42,000 wil...
How should I monitor my breast health?
Dr. Amanda J. Morehouse, MDDr. Amanda J. Morehouse, MD
If you're pre-menopausal, the best time to do a breast self-exam is about a week after your period s...
Things No One Tells You About Menopause
Things No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About Menopause
Hair in weird places, “menopause brain” and other wonders of the female body. 
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?