What can I expect after a mammogram?

You should follow up with your healthcare provider for results of your mammogram. If normal, you will get a clean bill of health until your next mammogram in one or two years (screening recommendations depend on your risk factors and age group). If the results of the mammogram are abnormal, you may be asked to get an ultrasound for further evaluation and/or a biopsy to see if the findings are cancerous.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Busy Woman's Guide: How to Wear High Heels Pain-free
The higher the heel, the closer to God, I say. My husband (an orthopedic surgeon), on the other hand, says the solution to high heel pain is to not we...
What is the fantasy of conception sex?
Good In BedGood In Bed
At first, it’s a dream come true for many men: a partner who wants sex, wants a lot of it, and wants...
6 Down-There Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore
6 Down-There Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore6 Down-There Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore6 Down-There Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore6 Down-There Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore
What is Menorrhagia?
What is Menorrhagia?