What do a woman's hormones do to her eggs?

Hormones work to mature that ready-to-drop egg and to pop a hole in its sac. That hole works as an escape hatch, so the egg can slip out of the ovary and travel down the Fallopian tube, where it may be fertilized by sperm. Too little of these hormones may lead to infertility or miscarriage, while an abundance may lead to twins and other multiple sets. Tissue left behind in the ovary after the egg is released, called the corpus luteum, will produce hormones essential to successful pregnancy if the egg is fertilized.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Women's Health

6 Experts Explain How to Improve Your Breast Health Today
Sharecare asked a group of oncologists and surgeons how readers could boost their breast health in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The experts...
How does diabetes affect my sexual desire as a woman?
dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!
Diabetes can affect a woman's sexual desire in a number of ways. For example, depression and anxiety...
4 Simple DIY Health Checks Every Woman Should Know
4 Simple DIY Health Checks Every Woman Should Know4 Simple DIY Health Checks Every Woman Should Know4 Simple DIY Health Checks Every Woman Should Know4 Simple DIY Health Checks Every Woman Should Know
Incredibly easy self-exams for health conscious ladies on-the-go.
What Lifestyle Changes Can I Make to Decrease Symptoms of PCOS?