What do ovarian follicles do?

The follicles in ovaries contain immature eggs; each month, a follicle in one ovary releases a single egg for possible fertilization. Watch the animation to learn more about the ovaries.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Ladies: Should You See a Pelvic Therapist?
Few things are as embarrassing as leaking urine in public, but for many, it’s unfortunately common. Many women know the struggle—a cough or a sneeze l...
What role does the pituitary gland play in ovulation?
The pituitary gland is a tiny gland, located at the base of the brain, that produces and secretes ma...
Are My Breasts Normal?
Are My Breasts Normal?Are My Breasts Normal?Are My Breasts Normal?Are My Breasts Normal?
What Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum?
What Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum?