How can I use my temperature to know if I'm ovulating?

While your waking temperature is lower before ovulation (97 to 97.7 degrees), it rises after ovulation (97.8). The rise typically happens a day after ovulation (because of progesterone, which induces heat). You can get a sense of when you're ovulating by taking your temperature first thing after waking, then plotting the numbers to the tenth of a degree. Ovulation has occurred when you see a more dramatic shift than the day-to-day fluctuations that happen during the rest of your cycle. That will give you an idea of which day in your cycle typically is your ovulation day.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Ginseng Benefits to Improve Your Sex Life
Do you want to improve your sex life? If you're like many people, the answer is “yes.” If the stresses, demands, or monotony of everyday life have coo...
What causes oligomenorrhea?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
Oligomenorrhea, now called infrequent menstruation, can have several causes. Sometimes, particularly...
Are My Boobs Normal?
Are My Boobs Normal?Are My Boobs Normal?Are My Boobs Normal?Are My Boobs Normal?
What Causes Vaginal Dryness?
What Causes Vaginal Dryness?