How can I use my temperature to know if I'm ovulating?

While your waking temperature is lower before ovulation (97 to 97.7 degrees), it rises after ovulation (97.8). The rise typically happens a day after ovulation (because of progesterone, which induces heat). You can get a sense of when you're ovulating by taking your temperature first thing after waking, then plotting the numbers to the tenth of a degree. Ovulation has occurred when you see a more dramatic shift than the day-to-day fluctuations that happen during the rest of your cycle. That will give you an idea of which day in your cycle typically is your ovulation day.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Walk Each Day to Lower Breast Cancer Risk
Nearly 300,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer for the first time every year. But it turns out that something as simple as walking could help k...
How is a woman’s oral health connected to her overall health?
Oral health is related to women's overall health, especially during pregnancy. Research has shown th...
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
Get the most out of your next OBGYN appointment with these expert tips.
The Four New Body Types You Need to Know