How can I use my temperature to know if I'm ovulating?

While your waking temperature is lower before ovulation (97 to 97.7 degrees), it rises after ovulation (97.8). The rise typically happens a day after ovulation (because of progesterone, which induces heat). You can get a sense of when you're ovulating by taking your temperature first thing after waking, then plotting the numbers to the tenth of a degree. Ovulation has occurred when you see a more dramatic shift than the day-to-day fluctuations that happen during the rest of your cycle. That will give you an idea of which day in your cycle typically is your ovulation day.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Women's Health

6 Experts Explain How to Improve Your Breast Health Today
Sharecare asked a group of oncologists and surgeons how readers could boost their breast health in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The experts...
Can I have a mammogram if I have breast implants?
Stacy ContrerasStacy Contreras
You can get a mammogram if you have implants, no matter if the implants are silicone or saline. Watc...
6 Amazing Facts About Your Clitoris
6 Amazing Facts About Your Clitoris6 Amazing Facts About Your Clitoris6 Amazing Facts About Your Clitoris6 Amazing Facts About Your Clitoris
This tiny hot spot has 8,000 nerve endings dedicated solely to pleasure—and that’s not all.
What Is the Link Between Heart Disease and Diabetes in Women?