What are the top 5 health concerns for women?

Carolyn  Thomas
Healthcare
Cardiovascular disease needs to be moved up to the #1 position on this Top 5 list - it kills 5-6 times more women, for example, than breast cancer does each year, and in fact kills more women than ALL forms of cancer combined. It kills more women than men annually, too - and that stat has been true each year since 1984.
But there's good news on the horizon: according to The Heart and Stroke Foundation, up to 80% of cardiovascular disease is preventable through non-drug lifestyle improvements - like healthy eating (Mayo Clinic recommends some version of the well-known Mediterranean diet),  not smoking, effective stress management, and most importantly, daily physical activity.
As cardiologist Dr. John Mandrola likes to say: "You only have to exercise on the days you plan to eat!"

Continue Learning about Women's Health

3 Clothing Items That Can Hurt Your Health
“Kill me, but make me beautiful,” I remember my great-aunt telling me, as she recalled her days of wearing a corset. I laughed at these stories, as I ...
How does my vagina change with age?
In your twenties and thirties, the vaginal walls are bathed in hormones, making them strong and robu...
Things No One Tells You About Menopause
Things No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About Menopause
Hair in weird places, “menopause brain” and other wonders of the female body. 
Do We Need a Women-Centric Approach to Treating Heart Disease?