What are the top 5 health concerns for women?

Carolyn  Thomas
Healthcare
Cardiovascular disease needs to be moved up to the #1 position on this Top 5 list - it kills 5-6 times more women, for example, than breast cancer does each year, and in fact kills more women than ALL forms of cancer combined. It kills more women than men annually, too - and that stat has been true each year since 1984.
But there's good news on the horizon: according to The Heart and Stroke Foundation, up to 80% of cardiovascular disease is preventable through non-drug lifestyle improvements - like healthy eating (Mayo Clinic recommends some version of the well-known Mediterranean diet),  not smoking, effective stress management, and most importantly, daily physical activity.
As cardiologist Dr. John Mandrola likes to say: "You only have to exercise on the days you plan to eat!"

Continue Learning about Women's Health

When Should I Start Getting Mammograms?
When Should I Start Getting Mammograms?
In 2019 alone, the American Cancer Society estimates that more than 300,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer, and almost 42,000 wil...
What is vulvovaginal atrophy?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
When estrogen levels remain low, less moisture comes through the vaginal wall to provide lubrication...
7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women
7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women
Does Aspirin Therapy Help Prevent Heart Attacks in Women?