How does sexual libido change in women as they age?

In a study released a few years ago, doctors researched sexual problems in over 32,000 women between the ages of 18 and 100. While about 40% of women surveyed reported having issues such as low desire, arousal problems and difficulty achieving orgasm, only 12% indicated that those issues were a source of significant personal distress affecting quality of life. In other words, the majority of women with sexual problems were not particularly motivated to do anything to fix it. While the prevalence of sexual problems was highest in women over the age of 65, that group was also the least likely to be distressed about it.
Evelyn Minaya, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

A woman's libido can change as she gets older, says obstetrician and gynecologist Dr. Evelyn Minaya. Find out why and how to reclaim your mojo by watching this video.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

A Woman's Risk for Heart Attack or Stroke
Each year, more than one million Americans experience a heart attack. According to research published in the American Heart Association's online journ...
How is a woman’s oral health connected to her overall health?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The healthier your mouth and gums are, the more likely you are to be healthy overall. Your mouth is ...
7 Mammogram Myths You Might Still Believe
7 Mammogram Myths You Might Still Believe7 Mammogram Myths You Might Still Believe7 Mammogram Myths You Might Still Believe7 Mammogram Myths You Might Still Believe
Let’s set the record straight on how mammograms work, when you should get one and what to expect.
How Can I Stay in Good Sexual Health as I Age?