What role does the pituitary gland play in ovulation?

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

The pituitary gland is a tiny gland, located at the base of the brain, that produces and secretes many hormones—including those involved in ovulation such as luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulation hormone (FSH). Watch the animation to learn more about the pituitary gland and ovulation.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

A Woman's Risk for Heart Attack or Stroke
Each year, more than one million Americans experience a heart attack. According to research published in the American Heart Association's online journ...
How can I choose the right breast screening method?
The best thing you can do is be a proactive, smart patient and take charge of your breast health. He...
Is It PMS, or Something More Serious?
Is It PMS, or Something More Serious?Is It PMS, or Something More Serious?Is It PMS, or Something More Serious?Is It PMS, or Something More Serious?
Debilitating cramps, Hulk-like rage, crying at work—sometimes it's more than PMS.
What Do I Need to Know About Over-the-Counter Lubricants or Moisturizers to Treat Vaginal Dryness?