What role does the pituitary gland play in ovulation?

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

The pituitary gland is a tiny gland, located at the base of the brain, that produces and secretes many hormones—including those involved in ovulation such as luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulation hormone (FSH). Watch the animation to learn more about the pituitary gland and ovulation.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Busy Woman's Guide: 5 Things to Do for Your Health Right Now
“I’m just crazy-busy.” “Crazy busy?” What does that even mean? That we’re “crazy?” (Don’t answer that.) Or more than just plain “busy?” When did we a...
What changes can I experience from menarche to menopause?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Girls experience first periods in a variety of ways, as do women experiencing last menstrual cycles....
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
Get the most out of your next OBGYN appointment with these expert tips.
Can an Active, Healthy Sex Life Help Alleviate Menopause Symptoms?