Why is it important to know about my vagina?

How well do you know your vagina? A study by the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals showed that more than half of women lack basic knowledge when it comes to understanding their genitalia. Misconceptions can prevent you from having a healthy, satisfying sex life, especially after you hit 40, so it’s important to know exactly what’s going on down there.
Because a woman has some form of contact with her vagina on a regular basis each time she menstruates and with most sexual activity, it is definitely worthwhile for her to know about her vagina.  Understanding it's anatomy, how it works, and what is normal increases the chance that she will know how to best maintain vaginal health as well as know when to seek medical attention when something is not right.  Women who are familiar wih their vagina have decreased anxiety about it, which allows them to have greater sexual pleasure.  Also, women tend to be more comfortable with their genitals if they are familiar with them.  Maximize your potential for health and pleasure by learning about your vagina.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

A Super Food to Prevent PMS
A Super Food to Prevent PMS
Are you among the 85 percent of menstruating women who get premenstrual syndrome (PMS)? Then here's some good news: You can fight back with spinach. ...
Should I be tested for diabetes if I have PCOS?
You should be tested for diabetes if you have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) due to the link betwe...
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
Get the most out of your next OBGYN appointment with these expert tips.
If I Go on Birth Control to Treat Endometriosis, Will That Affect My Ability to Get Pregnant Later?