How soon will I get the results of my mammogram?

Kathleen V. Greatrex, MD
Diagnostic Radiology
We usually get results that day or the next day, but you should receive your results no later than thirty days. Your doctor will get the report and then you’ll get a letter within those thirty days stating the findings of the mammogram. It will say whether you need to come back to repeat views or whether we'll see you next year.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.
Swedish
Administration
Your report will be in the mail within 7 to 10 days of your visit -- after your films have been reviewed by a board-certified, specially trained radiologist. Radiologists use computer-aided detection (CAD) technology, which increases the likelihood of detecting small or early-stage cancers. If your mammogram raises any concerns, the hospital staff will contact you and your doctor immediately. Likewise, if you are worried about your mammogram, please let your doctor or the staff know.

Continue Learning about Women's Health