How soon will I get the results of my mammogram?

Your report will be in the mail within 7 to 10 days of your visit -- after your films have been reviewed by a board-certified, specially trained radiologist. Radiologists use computer-aided detection (CAD) technology, which increases the likelihood of detecting small or early-stage cancers. If your mammogram raises any concerns, the hospital staff will contact you and your doctor immediately. Likewise, if you are worried about your mammogram, please let your doctor or the staff know.

We usually get results that day or the next day, but you should receive your results no later than thirty days. Your doctor will get the report and then you’ll get a letter within those thirty days stating the findings of the mammogram. It will say whether you need to come back to repeat views or whether we'll see you next year.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Worst Case Scenario . . . I Left My Tampon In Too Long
When you’re having a busy day, changing your tampon can be the last thing on your mind. Waiting too long to change it, however, can lead to serious he...
How do I prepare for a mammogram?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
You can prepare for a mammogram by seeing an OBGYN regularly to become more comfortable, and have pr...
6 Surprising Facts About Your Breasts
6 Surprising Facts About Your Breasts6 Surprising Facts About Your Breasts6 Surprising Facts About Your Breasts6 Surprising Facts About Your Breasts
Your breasts are pretty remarkable—you may not know everything they can do.
One Woman’s Quest for a Tiny Waist
One Woman’s Quest for a Tiny Waist