How soon will I get the results of my mammogram?

Your report will be in the mail within 7 to 10 days of your visit -- after your films have been reviewed by a board-certified, specially trained radiologist. Radiologists use computer-aided detection (CAD) technology, which increases the likelihood of detecting small or early-stage cancers. If your mammogram raises any concerns, the hospital staff will contact you and your doctor immediately. Likewise, if you are worried about your mammogram, please let your doctor or the staff know.

We usually get results that day or the next day, but you should receive your results no later than thirty days. Your doctor will get the report and then you’ll get a letter within those thirty days stating the findings of the mammogram. It will say whether you need to come back to repeat views or whether we'll see you next year.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

How to Know When You Need a 3D Mammogram
I recently booked an appointment for my first-ever mammogram. During the call, I was offered the option of having a three-dimensional (3D) mammogram, ...
What is the reason behind violence against women by men?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
A man's act of violence against a woman may result from his individual psychological problems, sexua...
6 Amazing Facts About Your Clitoris
6 Amazing Facts About Your Clitoris6 Amazing Facts About Your Clitoris6 Amazing Facts About Your Clitoris6 Amazing Facts About Your Clitoris
This tiny hot spot has 8,000 nerve endings dedicated solely to pleasure—and that’s not all.
Whitney Thore’s Advice for Embracing Your Curves