How can I predict when I will ovulate?

One way of determining when you ovulate is to take your basal body temperature every morning and record it on a chart. Three or four months should be adequate to share with your doctor. You can also buy an ovulation predictor kit.

To predict when you will ovulate, you must first know the length of your usual menstrual cycle. Keep track of the day your menstrual flow begins for several months. Most women have a menstrual cycle that is 26 to 32 days long. Ovulation usually occurs anywhere between days 11 and 21 of your cycle. However, every woman is different and predicting ovulation exactly by counting days isn't always accurate. Taking your temperature every day with a basal body temperature thermometer can also help identify when you ovulate. To be sure, use a home ovulation prediction kit.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Do You Know the Signs of Burnout in Women?
Are you exhausted from stress and pressure at work? Have you become pessimistic about your everyday? Do you feel like you just aren’t effective, no ma...
What are the effects of very large breasts?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Patients with very large breasts suffer from significant physical discomfort. Many have severe back ...
6 Surprising Facts About Your Vagina
6 Surprising Facts About Your Vagina6 Surprising Facts About Your Vagina6 Surprising Facts About Your Vagina6 Surprising Facts About Your Vagina
Your vagina has incredible healing powers.
Why Do Women Have Hysterectomies?
Why Do Women Have Hysterectomies?