How can I predict when I will ovulate?

One way of determining when you ovulate is to take your basal body temperature every morning and record it on a chart. Three or four months should be adequate to share with your doctor. You can also buy an ovulation predictor kit.

To predict when you will ovulate, you must first know the length of your usual menstrual cycle. Keep track of the day your menstrual flow begins for several months. Most women have a menstrual cycle that is 26 to 32 days long. Ovulation usually occurs anywhere between days 11 and 21 of your cycle. However, every woman is different and predicting ovulation exactly by counting days isn't always accurate. Taking your temperature every day with a basal body temperature thermometer can also help identify when you ovulate. To be sure, use a home ovulation prediction kit.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

White Women's Life Expectancy Drops
White Women's Life Expectancy Drops
For decades, Americans’ life expectancy has been trending steadily upward. But among whites, at least, that progress appears to have stalled—and may b...
Can polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) be prevented?
There is no known way to prevent polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). However, if a woman has PCOS ther...
6 Surprising Facts About Your Vagina
6 Surprising Facts About Your Vagina6 Surprising Facts About Your Vagina6 Surprising Facts About Your Vagina6 Surprising Facts About Your Vagina
Your vagina has incredible healing powers.
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?