How can I predict when I will ovulate?

One way of determining when you ovulate is to take your basal body temperature every morning and record it on a chart. Three or four months should be adequate to share with your doctor. You can also buy an ovulation predictor kit.

To predict when you will ovulate, you must first know the length of your usual menstrual cycle. Keep track of the day your menstrual flow begins for several months. Most women have a menstrual cycle that is 28 to 32 days long. Ovulation usually occurs anywhere between days 11 and 21 of your cycle. However, every woman is different and predicting ovulation exactly by counting days isn't always accurate. Taking your temperature every day with a basal body temperature thermometer can also help identify when you ovulate. To be sure, use a home ovulation prediction kit.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Women's Health

Women's Health

Did you know that women are more likely to seek medical care than men? Sexual health needs, like pregnancy and contraception, often necessitate early visits to a doctor. But as we age, various health issues affect women more than ...

men, including depression, weight problems, and certain types of arthritis.In order to maintain your health and wellness, make sure you get an annual checkup.