How many women in the United States smoke cigarettes?

Despite the ever-increasing knowledge surrounding the negative consequences of smoking, many women continue to fuel their cigarette habit. In fact, 20 million adult women and 1.3 million girls in the United States were smokers in 2011. Of those smokers, around 174,000 die each year as a direct result of tobacco use.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Slut-Shaming Hurts Women—So Why Don’t We Stop It Already?
Slut-shaming is judging, harassing or bullying someone for their perceived promiscuity or the way they show their sexuality. It can be blatant and cal...
Should I wear my bra when I sleep?
It is often thought that sleeping in a bra will decrease breast sagging. In this video, Dr. Oz gives...
6 Down-There Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore
6 Down-There Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore6 Down-There Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore6 Down-There Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore6 Down-There Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore
2 Hidden Reasons for Your Bloat
2 Hidden Reasons for Your Bloat