How many women in the United States smoke cigarettes?

Despite the ever-increasing knowledge surrounding the negative consequences of smoking, many women continue to fuel their cigarette habit. In fact, 20 million adult women and 1.3 million girls in the United States were smokers in 2011. Of those smokers, around 174,000 die each year as a direct result of tobacco use.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Busy Woman's Guide: How to Wear High Heels Pain-free
The higher the heel, the closer to God, I say. My husband (an orthopedic surgeon), on the other hand, says the solution to high heel pain is to not we...
Should I wear my bra when I sleep?
It is often thought that sleeping in a bra will decrease breast sagging. In this video, Dr. Oz gives...
The Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than Men
The Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than MenThe Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than MenThe Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than MenThe Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than Men
The unique ways women are affected by STIs, plus tips on prevention.
What Can I Do to Help Prevent Breast Cancer?